The VISX STAR
The VISX STAR platform’s heritage of dependability and performance is well known. The STAR S4 IR from VISX has taken that reputation to an even higher level. Our latest excimer laser system represents the most advanced laser technology platform available today. Integrating data collected by the WaveScan WaveFront System, the STAR S4 IR utilizes these exclusive VISX technologies to deliver precision custom ablations:
- Iris Registration (IR): The first FDA-approved, fully automated, non-contact method of alignment of the correct CustomVue treatment to the corneal site
- Variable Spot Scanning (VSS): Variable beam sizes from as small as 0.65 mm up to 6.5 mm scanned over the treatment area, conserving tissue and optimizing treatment times
- Variable Repetition Rate (VRR): VRR delivers treatment at varying repetition rates, optimizing treatment time
- ActiveTrak 3-D Active Eye Tracking: Captures all 3 dimensions of intra-operative eye movements-no dilation required
- ActiveTrak Automatic Centering: Locates, and then automatically sets the treatment center to the center of the pupil.
As each person’s eyes are unique and each person’s lifestyle differs, Dr. Turner will look at each LASIK patient individually to decide what technology would benefit that patient the most. There is no one technology that fits each LASIK patient. Dr. Turner has had exceptional LASIK results using the VISX Star with Iris Recognition and Custom Wavefront and often recommends that this platform be used during LASIK eye surgery.
For more information regarding LASIK Eye Surgery and other vision correction treatments, please contact our counselors and they can help set up an appointment to meet and evaluate what would be best for your situation.
See more information at this web site: